It's been a funny old day, and not one that I will go into too much detail about as I honestly feel sometimes sharing everything out on the net isn't healthy. What I will say after a little encouragement by my mum, and money spare I found myself purchasing something I didn't think I'd ever do, or again for that matter. A brought a pet. Not just any pet, a hamster. You see I love the little creatures each have the most wonderful little characters, and the last time I had one was back when I was fifteen/sixteen. Now at the age...that I am at I find myself with one again, and I find my heart is happy. It's such a silly thing to do but I can't say I actually regret the decision even though it was a spare of the moment decision. Though I must say do not think I will neglect it, no not at all or get bored. I know how to look after them, and it's all come back to me.
It's a little shy so I won't post a picture, and I haven't yet found a name I like, though I find myself leaning towards Teacup, or even Biscuit. Two things my stomach loves. I will of course post a picture when it is ready to show its face, and I will announce its name when I have decided.
Speaking of things purchased to make you smile, I had a bit of a shopping day yesterday, and that resulted me purchasing two wonderful Tilda items, I adore her work, her style just everything about her designs. I got a Christmas Santa figure kit, and another one of her books, I think I only need to get two more and then I'll have the set. Yes, I am thinking about Christmas, the one word I actually loathe, but I find myself looking forward to decorating my little flat, and my head is bursting with ideas. I can't wait to start the kit but I must remind myself not to rush it, I will be hand sewing it completely, not wanting to use the sewing machine which it states in the instructions. Which yes will take longer, but I really just don't want to get the sewing machine out, so basically I am lazy yet making more work for myself. Not that it bothers me.
I also picked up a magazine today, never seen it before, well I won't have done as it was the first of its' kind, has anyone else seen it on the shelves. Has the UK finally published a crafts magazine that isn't full of tat? That rivals those produced in the UK? Blow me down with a feather I think they have, and it's even better than Sew Hip, the photography for a start has proven that. No offence SewHip but the photo quality is so poor in your magazines, how did you ever let them go through? Perhaps its just me and my expectations are too high.
Anyway I do hope everyone's Sunday's is going well, and that your pets are snuggled up in a ball like mine, and that your doing whatever it is that makes you happy.
Peace out.
p.s photo's to follow took some shocking photo's so I will have to wait till it's light again.
ohhh magazine sounds interesting, whats it called?
ReplyDeletex
I concur, intrigued about the magazine. Was it cloth? I recently found that one by fluke, its on issue 5 and is nicely put together, not disected all the contents yet. Happy happy hamster days! Congrats on the furry friend.
ReplyDeleteI concur, which magazine? Is it cloth? I recently discovered that one, nicely produced, only on issue 5. I've not finished disecting it yet. Happy happy hamster day. Congrats on the furry friend - they're the best! XX
ReplyDelete