Sunday, August 21, 2011

Again..


Unfortunately my computer has decided it didn't like me very much and has died on me again, it's currently being fixed for a hard drive issue. So it's a double kick lost programmes and files as well as a hit to the wallet. But never mind, can't be helped and hopefully will have it back next week. It's just as well I have the netbook for a back up although that did just break my memory card....managed to fix that with a bit of tape but it does make me think whether or not I am cursed?? Will find out on Monday when I get into work and use the computer there.


In the mean time I have been beginning  to wind down the project making as I hit a very busy time at work and head towards my holiday in October. I decided in my wisdom rather than buying a hat or a hair thingie for my friends wedding to go with my outfit, I've decided to make something instead.


Here is the design drawn in sharpie on a back of a brown paper bag, which was also used to make the pattern pieces too. It's going to be a hand embroidered selection of almost teardrop shapes, with various types of embellishment ie. buttons, crystals and beads. Attached to a ribbon wrapped metal hair band. 





With the design done, I opted to try out a test version I don't often do examples but with this to know whether or not it would or could work I decided to do it. Also rather making yet another bit of decoration that floats about the house I've turned it into a one of a kind brooch and listed in my store.

It has a stiff middle, I didn't have any pelmet vilene which was a bugger so I used two layers of waste canvas which does the job nicely. Light weight, can be stitched through and can be shaped so it's ideal. The nice thing about doing this example is that it's shown me that the edging needs more thought. Whilst it works (wrapped edging and couching) it to me looks a little rough. So I am going to think of an alternative option. Maybe buttonhole stitch?








This just means I now have to pull my finger out and start working on the main parts in order to get the actual headpiece made in time. Granted whilst I know what I want to wear I really should also pull my finger out and get the dress....

Anyway, that's enough of the head piece for today will start it again during the week think its time for a spot of Supernatural and stitching the quilt. I am starting to get closer to the end with that project.


Although I forgot to say I came to the conclusion this week that owing to busy work commitments I will be closing my store on the 18th September through to November 1st. This is because I can't guarantee that I will be able to post things, and I really don't want to stress myself out any more than I am already. I am slightly getting panicked by the amount of work there is to do over the next month. Everything is coming at once!


I may very well open the store up earlier and I will keep blogging so will keep you in the loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment