Friday, October 07, 2011

Day 3 of my adventures in Washington


Another day and yet more walking needless to say I am somewhat shattered so tomorrow it will be museums and sticking to the Mall.



This was from yesterday when I went to Arlington, this is the Netherlands Carrillon. Plays music on the hour. 



Iwo Jima Statue (US Marine Corps Memorial)


Washington Monument


This was from today's adventures, I went over to the National Zoological Park, and saw many an animal the small mammals and the panda was some of my favourites.


I slogged over to the National Cathedral. I did totally forget it was shut down owing to the maintenance work to repair the spire following the earthquake the other month. It was a very long walk, and it was very hot. Needless to say it was somewhat of a relief to get back to the hotel to have a rest and to change my clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment