Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Want it Wednesday: Revival of the Eras

Some of your poor folks have been subjected to my numerous Facebook comments and tweets about the fact I am off to Goodwood Revival on Friday, to say I am excited about this is a major understatement. I've wanted to go for years, and thanks to the lovely and very special Walker family I am going. Naturally I couldn't go without dressing up so I will be donning 40s RAF uniform. I shall hopefully have a picture that I don't mind showing you over the weekend.

So I thought I would dedicate this blog post to the 40s, 50s and 60s.

1940s

40s Wool Coat - Black Fit N Flare Princess Seam Jacket - Forstmann Virgin Wool -Small


Cherry Blossom, WWII-era cardigan c. 1940s - vintage knitting pattern PDF (449)


1950s

50's style dress, gold yellow / ocher houndstooth cotton with white collar and front buttoning, swing skirt, size 12


Vintage 40s 50s dark brown brogue court shoes pumps with walled toes, bow front & cuban heels UK 3.5 EU 36.5 US 5




Stitchcraft January 1954 - Vintage 1950s Knitting Sewing Embroidery Magazine 50s knitting patterns womens


1960s

Vintage 60s Red HEARTS & FLOWERS Dolly Mini Dress M



Mod 60's "Soundwave" 20" Pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment