It appears, in addition to my love for tea, bees and Liberty Tana Lawn, I have a growing fondness for stitching lettering. It's all I appear to be doodling these days, either random quotes I like or things I've come up with. Where or how far this takes me I don't rightly know, but I am liking this momentary diversion. Because, I am still not any further to completing the purchase on my first home. It's turning into a comedy at how long it's taking. That grumble aside, at least this limbo time is affording me a change in pace.
So what bunch of words have I chosen to work on at the moment, well it's something that's been muddling about in my noggin, 'Life is a Big Puddle, Jump In'. Words, that I don't often follow but one that I am paying a bit more attention too.
I've drawn out the design, chosen to use an assortment of different font styles, and colours. Really into the whole using the entire rainbow at the moment. Hey, the grey days have to be banished somehow!
Design, scaled up a smidgeon. My hedgehog pin cushion doesn't look impressed.
Currently working on the top row of letters 'LIFE', chosen to do balloon type letters in fruity colours. The string from each of the letters will link down to the second row. I will point out that working this in long and short stitch, has reminded me how rusty I am at doing it, taken me to 'f' to get back into the swing of it, and to get a smooth finish.
Ah,....Lif...sweet...Lif.
I shall keep you all in the loop on it's progress, the aim of the coming week is to get the the first two rows complete, and to start the third row, which spells out 'BIG'. And when I am not working on that I will be planning what to do with my new stash of Liberty fabrics. I've gone on a bit of a spree to liven up the stash of Tana Lawn I already have. Some of my funky coloured ones are starting to run out so it was high time and a good excuse to buy more. It's been a combination of Ebay purchases and taking advantage of the summer sale at Liberty's in London. 2 metres for just under £25, I'll have some of that thank you very much. It will take me a long time, years even, to get through it all.
Look at them, they are just so darn cheerful and lush!
Before I dive off to make a cuppa and to take a break form the computer, you can see my entries for the 'Survival Arts - Bee Competition. Head over to their pinterest account to see the wonderful entries thus far, and my own (look out for Laura Mason) http://pinterest.com/survivalarts/brave-bees-art-competition/
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

What a fun phrase to embroider, looking forward to seeing your progress! And the Liberty fabrics...drool...Chrissie x
ReplyDeleteThanks Chrissie, really enjoying working on it, especially in the evenings after work.
Deletepopped over to see the bees and wow some wonderful stitching there. So good to see so many from school children, so many schools do not offer the chance for pupils to do stitching etc these days.
ReplyDeleteYour lettering is coming along a treat, I have not done long and short stitch for ages and like you say you have to get back into the swing of it. Lovely liberty fabrics, happy stitching.
Thanks Margaret, its hard to break out of the comfort zone. I forget how easy it is to get settled into one particular stitch, it feels like I am adding back into my repertoire again.
Delete