Wednesday, January 08, 2014

London Trip and Sale Time

Today is the last day of my holiday, two and a half weeks of bliss have near enough come to an end. The time was spent relaxing, hibernating in my flat and getting covered in fabric. Many a cup of tea was drunk and I ate my weight in sugar. 

In order to prepare myself for the return to work tomorrow, the last few days of the holiday have seen me venture out into the beautiful weather (yeah right) on Monday I spent several hours in London with my Mum, mainly at the Victoria and Albert Museum and I have to say like most museums doesn't matter how many times you go, there is always something new to see. Or a new little nook you haven't been in. In this case it was the whole Medieval area and the mezzanine level that holds the ironwork/ironmongery. 


Sensing a return to the VAM to check out the Ironmongery again, as it's got me thinking about potential future project ideas...


One of my favourite pictures I took, rather impressed with the camera on the iPod Touch



Yesterday and today as well I've been getting myself prepared for going to back to work  (admittedly don't think I am ever fully ready for that) hair cut and digging out the work wear that's been banished to the far reaches of draws and cupboards. I envisage that the weekend will mostly be about recovering from the shock of being at work. 

Actually not entirely true I'll be in theory working on a project for Crafty magazine if the fabric ever turns up. My Etsy store will be reopened on Saturday and I will be having a sale, mainly on the clocks, as I have made the decision not to make any more for the foreseeable future. Time for a break..no pun intended. Sort of.

I need to move on from them, likewise I'll be taking a step back from hoop framed embroidery. Whilst I find it a very effective way of hanging work, and no doubt I will be doing that with a few pieces of my own for the flat, I find myself going back to the traditional way of framing. With the typography work and other such pieces they can be a bit too delicate for being open to elements. 

Oh on Sunday I'll be nipping over to the Farnham Maltings as there is a Quilting Exhibition and supplies sale, and my favourite thread supplier will be there, Mulberry Silks. Patricia who runs it has very kindly agreed to take some particular coloured thread packs I want to match to fabric to the show for me to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment