Sunday, July 08, 2012

A little out of Sorts but stitching continues

For the past week I've been feeling a little out of sorts, can't really put my finger on it but its been a little exasperated by my seeing the clock conservation department at West Dean yesterday. Now you may wonder why that could be, but it's simply really I love clocks which is why I've been doing my own attempts at them for the past few years. So there is a part of me that would love beyond everything to learn how to make clocks, properly. Anyway, its been making me feel a little disjointed today, coupled with neighbours playing loud music and me being too much of a wimp to go down and ask them to turn it down. Wonder if I could hire someone to do it in my place? Any takers?

Did, despite this I did manage to get some stitching done before I got caught up with other errands and feeling a bit sorry for myself. 

I started the embroidery on the Peter Pan collar, one side done just got to get the other side done, then it will be hand sewing again to make it up, no machining on this one. Also means I can do it on the train if I so desire.



I then started the first of the bee related topics, I have to admit I was probably a bit ambitious about thinking I would happily blackwork stitch an entire frame 5 x 9 inches but I think I've decided to make a bit of a change and knock it down to a small circle frame just to see how it turns out and then progress to the larger size. Counted work can make my head ache. 


But the start is looking good, I am just getting it to a point where I am going to move down to the next shade till it gets lighter. The frame shown is 4" but I might switch to 6" just need to purchase one. Hadn't realised I had completely run out. 

As I said a bit of a out of sorts week so a bit of a short blog post.

Hopefully next week will be a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment