Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mmmm Honeycomb

I've certainly been making the most of the evenings to get stitching done. I am switching between about four projects, the cross-stitch, mending dino, blackwork and the collar. All projects I am pleased to say are progressing a long nicely.

The cross-stitch is on a temporary pause for a few days as I need to get the dino done, who I am happy to say has a mended mouth, though he's missing his teeth and a patch of his head but he will be quite the different t-rex. Think collars, moustache, top hat....need I say more? I am seeing my nephew on Saturday and I promised I would have it ready for then. So after this blog it will be back to it.

The honeycomb/black work stitching is also coming along. Now that I have the patten well and truly licked its been pretty easy to get into the swing of stitching it. Although I will admit to going wrong in a few places so a bit of unpicking has had to occur. But as you can see from the picture below there is the start of subtle shading in both the colour and the stitch, fading now.


The aim is to get to at least the next colour in the shading by the end of the week. Which in theory could see the end of the stitching because I am still flitting between a 4" or a 6" hoop, do we'll see.

The fourth and final project for this week is the Peter Pan collar, the embroidery for both sides is complete, and its so diddy. I selected the backing fabric, worked out how its going to fastened when complete, and on the train today I stitched the two pieces of fabric together and when I got home turned it inside out. Now this is a bit of a see how it goes one, as I've never made a collar before and working out how to complete the collar for turning inside out proved interesting and this I admit isn't perhaps the easiest way of doing it but I think I can get it to work and look good.


Once I have hit this lot on the head, or as much as I can, I will be working on the next free patten sample, the next bee related item and doing something about promoting what I am doing. Because I am sure not doing as much as I should!

What you lot up too?




No comments:

Post a Comment